There was a time when all women had to do was take care of their family and do the household chores. They never thought about their own health, as their family was all they cared about. However, as time progressed, women became more aware of their own health and wellness.
In today’s world, women have to juggle various duties and responsibilities. In most cases, they have to look after their household and earn as well. With this added pressure, their health is bound to suffer. Anxiety, stress and many other issues affect your physical and mental health as well. Hence, it is of utmost importance to take care of your own health first and figure out a workout routine so that you can look out for your family and work in the best possible way.
Workout for women is very crucial, irrespective of their occupation. Physically fitness is important for a healthy lifestyle and is necessary to strengthen the vital organs of your body. Studies have shown that a healthy body affects your decision-making power in a great way. Hence, a workout is essential for every woman. But many a time it is a task for women to find some time to go to the gym when there is so much to handle. Worry not. We have a list of 12 best exercises listed right here so you can workout at home.
It is one of the most effective exercises for abs workout and strengthens your abdominal muscles, shoulders, and glutes.
- Kneel down on the floor.
- Place your forearms on the ground with the elbows aligned below the shoulders, clasping hands and forming a small triangle with your hands and elbows.
- Straighten your legs and balance your body on your toes and forearms.
- Keep your abs engaged and hold this position for 30s. Increase the time limit per your endurance.
This is a good exercise to work your core and strengthens your obliques and quads as well.
- Lie down on your back, with your hands clasped behind your head.
- Bring your legs to tabletop position, one at a time.
- Exhale and twist your waist towards left while bringing your left knee towards your right shoulder.
- Hold for a while, twist to the other side and repeat with the other leg.
- Do 8-12 reps.
This is a very effective exercise for your workout routine as it helps to tone up your glutes and hamstrings.
- Lie down on your back with knees bent hip-width apart.
- Engage your core and lift up your hips to a bridge position while squeezing your glutes.
- Hold, return and repeat 8-10 times.
This exercise works the entire body and burns significant calories.
- Get down on the floor on all fours, positioning your arms slightly wider than your shoulders and legs close together.
- Lower your body while keeping your hips lifted and core braced.
- Push back to the original position and repeat.
- Widen the distance between your feet for better stability.
This is a popular exercise for abs workout and strengthens your core and obliques.
- Lie down on your back with knees bent hip-width apart and hands behind your head with thumbs behind your ears.
- Tighten your core and lift your upper body by bringing your shoulder blades about 1 or 2 inches off the floor.
- Hold, return and repeat.
This leg workout targets your calves, quads, and glutes.
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Crouch down and jump sideways as far as you can manage.
- Bend your knees and hips again as you land.
This exercise works on the flexibility of your hips, hamstrings and lower back and is good workout exercise.
- Start in a push up position.
- Bring your right foot to the outside of your right hand, while landing with a flat foot.
- Bring your foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
This is a great legs workout and trains primarily the muscles of thighs, hips, and buttocks.
- Stand with your legs slightly wider than your hips and toes pointed outward.
- Put your arms straight out in front, parallel to the ground.
- Squat as far as your flexibility allows, keeping your core tight.
- Hold, return and repeat.
It is a great exercise to strengthen your quads, glutes, hamstrings, and tones your inner and outer thighs and is a great workout for women.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, and toes pointed forward.
- Step-out with your right foot as wide as possible.
- Shift your weight through your mid-foot and heel.
- Lunge as low as your flexibility allows.
- Shift to the order side and repeat.
Single Leg Dead-lift:
This workout lifts and tones glutes and activates the entire core.
- Stand on your left foot.
- Bring your right foot behind and bend your knee such that your right lower leg is parallel to the floor.
- Bend forward at your hips, and slowly lower your body as far as you can and while keeping your core engaged.
- Hold, return and repeat.
This exercise targets your Abs, delts, hamstrings, and triceps.
- Bend at the hips and plant your hands on the floor, shoulder-width apart and a couple of inches in front of your feet.
- Walk your hands forward until your body is in a push up position.
- Now reverse the entire movement, return and repeat.
This exercise targets your lower abs and is great for your workout routine.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight.
- Lift your legs up to the ceiling till your butt comes off the floor.
- Slowly lower your legs till they are inches away from the floor.
- Hold and repeat.
It is important to put your health on the top of your priority list for a smooth and happy life. You can very easily work out at home and stay fit and healthy. Hope you liked the exercises that we suggested and those workout tips as well. Stay happy, Stay healthy.
Image Credits: Google